Full Course Description
User Stories are a modern approach to representing requirements for successful product development and planning. Through hands-on exercises, this workshop will explore what a User Story is and how to effectively create them.
This course is valuable for business analysts, project managers, product managers, and product owners.
- User Story Fundamentals
- A history of requirements capture
- User Stories vs other techniques
- Writing User Stories
- 3 C’s (Card, Conversation, Confirmation)
- What can/cannot be a Story?
- Popular User Story templates
- Common mistakes
- Facilitating a User Story Workshop
- What? Why? Who? When?
- Workshop facilitation tips and tricks
- Ordering User Stories
- Measuring Value, Risk, and Cost
- Dependencies between User Stories
- Techniques for ordering in groups
- Getting to “Done”
- Acceptance Criteria tips & templates
- Definition of “Done”
- Splitting User Stories
- How? When?
- Testing User Stories
- When? Who?
- Types of tests
- Estimating User Stories
- Techniques for estimation
- Release planning
- Maintaining a Product Backlog or Story List
- Definition of ‘Ready’
- Story Mapping