Full Course Description
Unlike the Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course which focuses on how to use Scrum, the Scrum framework and the role of the Scrum Master, PSM II is an advanced course helping students to understand the stances that characterize an effective Scrum Master and servant-leader while diving deep into how they serve the Scrum Team, Product Owner, and organization. The class then teaches students about related practices and skills to enable them to have the right types of conversations and how to apply them to become better Scrum Masters.
IS THIS PSM II TRAINING FOR ME?
The Professional Scrum Master II course is an advanced course specifically designed for experienced Scrum Masters who have a thorough understanding of the Scrum framework. It is particularly beneficial for those people with at least one year of Scrum Master experience.
TELL ME MORE. WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
Over the 2 days, students will learn about areas critical to growing as a successful Scrum Master such as how the principles and values of Scrum help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make and how the Scrum Master can help change the environment of Scrum Teams, creating an environment for agility to thrive. The Scrum Master role is complex and often, a Scrum Master must be able to apply different stances in order to be effective, such as:
- The Scrum Master as a Teacher
- The Scrum Master as a Coach & Mentor
- The Scrum Master as a Facilitator
- The Scrum Master as a Change Agent
As a Scrum Master, being able to identify, and effectively apply, which stance would benefit your team the most depending on the situation or circumstance could prove to be the key to the success of your team.
As a Scrum Master, part of your role is to help management and other stakeholders across your organization understand the benefits of Scrum and Agile. Therefore, it is imperative that you have the information and background that is needed to gain credibility in order to be an effective change agent. Throughout the class, your PST will provide stories, exercises, facilitation techniques (such as “Liberating Structures”), resources and more.
There will also be time in class for the Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) to provide coaching on challenges that you and your classmates may be experiencing today or may in the future.
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF THIS COURSE?
- Apply the practices, tools, skills and stances that make an effective Scrum Master
- Recognize how the Scrum principles and values help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make
- Learn how servant-leadership can improve the impact of a Scrum Master
- Support Development Teams and Product Owners to become more effective
- Change the environment to make it more conducive to agility
- Learn tips and techniques for the Scrum Master to work with the rest of the organization in support of their Scrum Teams
ASSESSMENT AND CERTIFICATION
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master II course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) assessment and are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM III assessment. These industry-recognized PSM certifications require a minimum passing score.
WHY SCRUM.ORG TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION?
- Scrum.org is run by the co-creator of Scrum, Ken Schwaber. He also maintains the Scrum Guide. The organization is run by folks who eat, sleep and breathe Scrum and it shows in the carefully crafted curriculum and examinations.
- It ain't easy. Your Scrum.org certification will hold more credibility with employers because you don't receive it automatically after taking a course. You must pass the certification exam. Your PSM training gives you an excellent shot at achieving certification.
- Scrum.org's courseware is uniform and rigorously updated and fine-tuned to ensure every participant receives valuable and actionable training from Professional Scrum Trainers. To be clear, uniform doesn't mean boring! It means quality!