Full Course Description
In today’s always-on and complex environment, what is needed is a clear set of practices that do not get in the way, but instead provide structure to keep everyone aligned and focused. Kanban is a modern way to manage the delivery of value to customers.
This course will show participants how to apply Kanban essentials and flow principles to improve team effectiveness.
After attending the course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the basic principles of flow
- Describe the value of WiP limits
- Create a visual board to manage work
- Capture and interpret key flow metrics and analytics to find improvement opportunities
- Explain why flow should be focused on value delivery
- Define, build, operate and continuously improve a Kanban system
- Discuss how tooling impacts Kanban implementation
Who Should Attend
The Applied Professional Kanban course is for anyone who wants to improve their ability to deliver value and be more effective. Typical attendee roles include product team members, team leads, agile coaches, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, project managers and product managers.
- Kanban theory, principles and practices
- Applying Kanban
- Workflow design and visualization
- How to operate a Kanban system
- How to get started
After taking the course, participants will have an opportunity to validate their understanding of core Kanban topics by taking an online assessment and earning the Professional Kanban level I (PK I) certification.