Improving is a custom software consulting company located in the Plano/Frisco, TX area ranked #1 on Best Places to Work for many consecutive years.
Are you a Technical Lead who wakes up every day with a passion for customers and wants to come to work with the creativity and drive to make amazing things happen? If so, we have a great opportunity for you!
Role: Technical Lead
Location: Plano, TX < when the open reopens >
Job Type: Contract-to-hire < relocation assistance will not be provided >
What You Will Do:
- Complete technical designs for information systems, ranging from high level conceptual designs to detailed technical specifications based on requirements for the retail loan origination business.
- Lead various technical, infrastructure and application efforts and initiatives. Manage and execute system/application installation, patching, rollouts, releases and upgrades to ensure technical standards and strategies are being followed.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of technical specifications produced by external resources contributing to H-D technology projects and perform quality assurance reviews of the work product of developers to ensure compliance with the design specifications as well as, reviews of the high-level conceptual designs and architecture with design lead peers.
- Recommend design changes to production systems in response to changing business process, capacity, risks, and performance requirements as well as solution and technology roadmaps.
- Periodically review technology foundation to develop lifecycle roadmaps for them.
- Contribute to prioritization of technology problems and enhancement requests.
- Provide consulting and support services to identify technology system’s operational, monitoring and reporting requirements in partnership with the business analysis role.
- Create detailed list of design and implementation tasks along with level of effort estimates for initiatives
- Provide input and assist in the creation of user stories.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, Information Systems is preferred
- 8+ years of experience successful project delivery experience with a focus on systems design, particularly with large scale program and project delivery
- 3+ years of experience leading or managing projects requiring technology design and development methodologies
- 8+ years of development experience with Java J2EE applications
- Hands-on experience with development tools, administration, design, configuration, customization and implementation of applications, security and 3rd party integrations
- Experience leading, mentoring, and developing other personnel in design and delivery roles
- Strong demonstrated experience with solution design and structured system development methodologies
- Experience coordinating design activities and deliverables across a technology project or program
- A proven record of accomplishment in planning, managing, and delivering information systems, preferably in consumer products, manufacturing, distribution, or financial services
- Experience with Agile software development practices in designing, configuring, and implementing on one or more platforms (Linux, AIX, RHEL, IBM WebSphere Process Server)
- Experience with declarative development tools