The best place to work in Houston is hiring.
Improving builds custom software and provides Agile Scrum Training for clients across the country. Located in Westchase Houston we have ranked #1 on the ‘Best Places to Work’ survey for 3 consecutive years, and we are looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
As a Conscious Capitalism company our culture provides the challenges, inspiration, training, and motivation to achieve amazing things. We are constantly striving to live out our values of Excellence, Dedication, and Involvement through the foundation of Trust.
- Improving is seeking a Senior Full Stack .NET Consultant to work with a wide spectrum of client executives and employees to ensure alignment and delivery of key business objectives, IT services and solutions.
This position’s day to day responsibilities will challenge you to be both independent, and highly collaborative. It will require a problem solver with a positive attitude who loves to learn new things.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience using the .NET stack to deliver web applications using C#, ASP.NET MVC,
- Very broad and deep application development skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Firm understanding of SOLID design principles and Clean Code
- Understanding/ experience using Unit Testing and TDD in general
- Agile/Scrum Software Development
- Microservices (distributed systems), AWS/Azure, .NET Core
- Experience developing applications with NServiceBus a plus
- Experience with asynchronous message architectures in general a plus.
- Experience optimizing the browser client experience a plus
- Experience with other server-side stacks (Node.js, Python, Java, PHP etc.) a plus
- Experience developing native or hybrid mobile applications for IOS and/or Android a plus
- Experience with NOSql databases (RavenDB, MongoDB etc.) a plus
- ADO.NET, Entity Framework experience
- Awesome benefits for salaried employees include: Health, dental, vision, 401k+matching, profit sharing, pool table, family movie nights, beer on tap, ImprovingU classes, cutthroat board game tournaments, annual Vegas trip, D&D night, and more.
- Only candidates currently living in Houston will be considered.
- This role will not require travel.
- We are not working with 3rd party agencies.