This is your chance to be a part of the Improving team!
Improving is a growing software and Agile transformation consulting company located in Westchase Houston. We are ranked as one of The Top 5 Workplaces in Texas and for the last three years we have consistently won or placed highly in; The Best Place to Work in Houston (Houston Business Journal), Houston’s Top Workplaces (Houston Chronicle) and Houston’s Best and Brightest.
Our culture encourages both the inspiration and motivation to achieve amazing things. We are constantly striving to live out our values of Excellence, Dedication, and Involvement through the foundation of Trust.
Come work with a company that believes that teamwork is the greatest competitive advantage and holds respect for people, providing a great place to work, and delivering quality results as core values.
Responsible for supporting the release pipeline of a customer-facing, multi-tenant distributed application. Coordinates with development and IT to manage, maintain and troubleshoot several deployment environments. Direct involvement in projects to implement release automation, api management and cloud infrastructure. Advise development leadership on implementing DevOps practices and building a DevOps culture.
• Develop tools or scripts for various needs
• Develop or integrate tools to enable continuous delivery
• Infrastructure capacity planning and design based on technical metrics
• Develop scripts to support test automation
• Monitor the various environments for performance and availability
• Contribute to the quality and maintainability of software products
• Troubleshoot issues & problem solving
• Mentor/collaborate with other team members
• DevOps practices and CI tools for .NET and Microsoft Azure cloud
• Knowledge of CD practices and tools using AzureRM and Azure Automation
• Knowledge of agile software development practices (TDD, Unit/Integration Testing)
• Knowledge of agile/scrum development methodologies
• Knowledge and understanding of OOP/SOLID
• Intermediate knowledge of network engineering/architecture
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills (End-to-end troubleshooting)
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple deliverables, both short and long-term, in a complex environment, while staying flexible to dynamic needs and priority levels
• Self-motivated and able to work independently or in a team-oriented environment
• 5+ years of professional experience in application analysis, design, and development
• C#, ASP.Net, MVC, REST, WCF, Entity Framework, and MS SQL Server / Azure SQL Databases, PowerShell
• Visual Studio and Source control (SVN, GIT, TFS)
• End to End troubleshooting of web services
• Experience working in Agile Environment
• Supporting production releases
• Creating automated build and testing pipelines using TFS, VSTS
• Hands-on experience managing a cloud implementation
“My career found purpose, autonomy, and mastery at Improving. Improving’s foundation of Trust has changed everything in my career and personal life. There’s a humble pride I have partnering with fellow Improvers. We are a team of professionals driven by a persistent habit of Excellence – consistently involved in helping others Improve with purpose.”
― Ronnie Cooke, Principle Agile Consultant