The best place to work in Houston is hiring.
Improving builds custom software and provides Agile Scrum Training for clients across the country. Located in Westchase Houston we have ranked #1 on the ‘Best Places to Work’ survey for 3 consecutive years, and we are looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
As a Conscious Capitalism company our culture provides the challenges, inspiration, training, and motivation to achieve amazing things. We are constantly striving to live out our values of Excellence, Dedication, and Involvement through the foundation of Trust.
- Improving is seeking a Senior DevOps Consultant to work with a wide spectrum of client executives and employees to ensure alignment and delivery of key business objectives, IT services and solutions.
This position’s day to day responsibilities will challenge you to be both independent, and highly collaborative. It will require a problem solver with a positive attitude who loves to learn new things.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong Scripting Skills in Bash or PowerShell
- Monitoring and Metrics
- A Mindset that values:
- Reproducible Outcomes.
- Empirical Measurements.
- Focus on producing value for the team and client.
- Tool Flexibility, while often specialized we are looking for consultants that are constantly growing and willing/able to cross train.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- A Build Release Engineer focus with experience in:
- Build Automation
- Deployment Automation
- Configuration Management
- Or a Site Reliability Engineer focus with experience in:
- Cloud Services Provider Experience.
- Infrastructure as Code (IAC)
- Security Experience.
- Awesome benefits for salaried employees include: Health, dental, vision, 401k+matching, profit sharing, pool table, family movie nights, beer on tap, ImprovingU classes, cutthroat board game tournaments, annual Vegas trip, D&D night, and more.
- This role will not require travel.
- We are not working with 3rd party agencies.