The best place to work in Houston is hiring.
Improving builds custom software and provides Agile Scrum Training for clients across the country. Located in Westchase Houston we have ranked #1 on the ‘Best Places to Work’ survey for 3 consecutive years, and we are looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
As a Conscious Capitalism company, our culture provides the challenges, inspiration, training, and motivation to achieve amazing things. We are constantly striving to live out our values of Excellence, Dedication, and Involvement through the foundation of Trust.
- Improving is seeking an Agile Coach to work with a wide spectrum of client executives and employees to ensure alignment and delivery of key business objectives, IT services and solutions.
This position’s day to day responsibilities will challenge you to be both independent and highly collaborative. It will require a problem solver with a positive attitude who loves to learn new things.
Role: Agile Coach
The Agile Coach will be responsible for coaching and mentoring with the overall goal of organizational transformation to agility and should be comfortable working at all levels of the organization. The Agile Coach is an expert in lean/agile practices and one or more knowledge domains (i.e. technical, business, organizational) while having developed some skill in facilitation, mentoring, training and/or professional coaching. The Agile Coach’s purview is multi-team and looking out toward the wider organization.
- Must have a solid background utilizing an agile framework (e.g. Scrum, Extreme Programming, Kanban) in software development
- Strong presentation, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, including coaching and mentorship experience.
- Experience with transitioning software teams to an agile framework
- Experience working with various levels of leadership.
- Experience in creating agile training/ workshop material.
- Work with large, small, remote and collocated agile teams
- Embrace servant leadership and display the behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with agile frameworks
- Coach teams and management towards improving agile process and metrics
- Evaluate and mentor multiple new and existing agile teams
- Work in a hands-on manner, consultant model, or coaching manner with the teams as needed.
- Deliver introduction training and continued learning classes/workshops for teams, stakeholders, and leadership.
- Facilitate organization-wide agile adoption strategy and rollout plans
- Mentor individuals through the agile transition
- Help identify organizational impediments and work with the leadership team to create effective strategies to overcome them
- Model good listening skills, asking questions and giving feedback
- Continually grow his/her craft learning and sharing new tools and techniques
- Facilitate conflict resolution, teaching and mentoring others in facilitating discussions and alternatives of different approaches
- Encourage transparency to the organization and grow trust
- Partner with other Agile Coaches and Scrum Masters across the organization
- Awesome benefits for salaried employees include: Health, dental, vision, 401k+matching, profit sharing, pool table, family movie nights, beer on tap, ImprovingU classes, cutthroat board game tournaments, annual Vegas trips, D&D night, and more.
- Only candidates currently living in Houston will be considered.
- This role will not require travel.
- We are not working with 3rd party agencies.