Role: Application Architect
Location: Plano, TX and Oklahoma City, OK
Terms: FTE or W2 Contract
Summary: Work in close collaboration with the IT team to create and deliver high quality, impactful software solutions that meet business requirements as well as set specifications for new applications and APIs
- Responsible for verifying stability, performance, interoperability, security, scalability of application architecture, and providing technical leadership to the application development team
- Identify risks and proactively work to minimize negative impact while ensuring enterprise design and implementation standards are maintained
- Design creative prototypes according to specifications, write high quality, unit-tested source code within deadlines, and conduct functional/non-functional testing
- Develop technical documentation to accurately represent application design and code and troubleshoot and debug applications, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Work Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- 8+ years’ experience in Software development and delivery experience in C++, Java, .NET, or other modern programming languages
- Experience working with Agile, lean, CI/CD and/or XP practices
- DevOps experience and experience in iOS and/or Android applications is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A passion for software engineering within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices like Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain Driven Design, Event Driven Design, etc.
- Experience in working as a part of large, diverse teams building custom applications
- Great Object-Oriented analysis and design skills, including strong design pattern knowledge
- Ability to connect with people and to quickly build trust with others
Working experience with:
- Relational databases (MS SQL Server, RedShift, Postgres)
- Spring Technology stack
- Dynamic and static languages (Groovy, Python, Java, Scala)
- Cloud-based development (AWS, Azure, Google, PCF)
- Log aggregators (Splunk, Data Dog)
- Source control systems (Git, SVN)
- CD/CI tools (GoCD, Jenkins, Artifactory, Terraform, Ansible)
- CD/CI techniques (TDD, BDD, Infrastructure as Code)
- ORM (JPA/Hibernate)
- Messaging systems (JMS, RabbitMQ, SQS)
- Web application containers (Tomcat, Resin, Jetty, IIS)
- Web services (REST, SOAP)
- API specification tools (RAML, Swagger)
- This position will require weekly travel of 2-3 days a week to Oklahoma City to work with the client.
- Otherwise, you will work out of our Plano office headquarters.
Who is Improving?
We are a full-service technology consulting and training firm focused in Agile, Microsoft (.NET) and Java technologies. Our company has offices in Dallas, Bryan/College Station & Houston, TX; Columbus & Cleveland, OH, Minneapolis, MN, Calgary, Canada, and Atlanta, GA.