If you have a talent for programming and want to apply your design and development skills to challenging problems, this is the position for you!
Who? This is your chance to be a part of the Improving team! Come work with a group that believes that teamwork is the greatest competitive advantage and holds respect for people, providing a great place to work, and delivering quality results as core values. We have positions available for you as a DevOps engineer in the DFW area.
The DevOps Engineer position is responsible for developing, operating and maintaining the platforms on which company's applications run.
This position works with the Infrastructure team to automate the provisioning of infrastructure resources and with Development teams to provide the tools they need to deploy, monitor, and support their applications.
- Works with Development teams to provide the automation and tooling required to quickly deploy and manage their applications
- Works with the Infrastructure team to automate the provisioning and configuration of resources and software
- Works with Infrastructure and Development teams to provide monitoring and observability into the behavior of applications and systems
- Works on Scrum teams alongside Developers and Product Owners to support new infrastructure and operational needs
- Manages a continuous deployment pipeline to fully automate the deployment of the highly available, mission-critical applications
- Develops and automates standard operating procedures around common failure scenarios
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues in our development, test and production environments
- Designs, manages and maintains tools to automate operational processes
- At least 5 years working in SRE, DevOps, or Development related roles
- Solid understanding of a least one programming language such as Go, Java, Ruby, or Python
- Familiar with Agile methodologies and development processes
- Experience with a public cloud provider, ideally Amazon Web Services
- Experience using CI/CD tools like TeamCity or Jenkins
- Experience with monitoring and observability tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, App Dynamics, Splunk or ELK stack is preferred
- Experience building applications to run with container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes or Docker Swarm is a plus
- Experience identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks in applications is preferred
- Experience in Linux such as RedHat / CentOS is preferred
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning and configuration tools such as Terraform and Ansible is a plus
- Stays up-to-date on relevant technologies, understands trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools
- Exhibits architect-level troubleshooting and problem resolution skills with a can do! attitude
- Ability to bring new ideas for hardware, software and technology innovations to help improve overall efficiency.