Improving is a custom software consulting company located in the Plano/Frisco, TX area ranked #1 on Best Places to Work for many consecutive years.
Role: Business Analyst
Job Type: 6 months+ contract
Type: Remote initially (consultant will be asked to work onsite in Irving, TX when the office reopens)
• Perform data cleaning, data modeling, data crunching and in-depth data analysis on KPI’s and optimization of subroutine analytics of communications and data mining methodologies.
• Develop visual, interactive reports using Tableau, Power BI for effective prediction and understanding of data analysis trends and creating automated data analysis workflows using Alteryx designer.
• Utilizing Excel advance techniques like Pivot Table, V-Lookup H-Lookup for mining data and performing analysis on various sources and summarizing data.
• Implement statistical algorithms such as Linear, Logistic Regression, and Clustering for segmentation's, Time series model (ARIMA), Factor analysis for building correlation, prediction and visualization of the model.
• Perform A/B testing and target vs control analysis and profiling, market basket analysis to identify trends and analyze customer purchase behavior.
• Utilize the knowledge of quantitative analytics, data mining, statistics and data visualization to present insights to the senior management to facilitate in strategic decision making.
• Work on various reporting objects like Dimensions, Measures, Filters, Calculated Fields, transformations, parameters, conditional formatting, DAX queries, Interactions etc. in Power BI.
• Perform Dimensional Data Modeling, Process Modeling for Data Warehouse /Data Mart design, identifying Facts and Dimensions, the creation of cubes, Star Schema, and Snowflake Schema.
• Perform exploratory data analysis and data investigation using Alteryx, SQL and Python.
• 3+ years of solid business analysis and analytics experience with Test and Control methodology (Sales data analysis, Loyalty Program Analytics, Customer segmentation, Descriptive analysis, Cohort Analysis) and Offers/Promotions data trend analysis (coupons, bonus offers, rewards, member offers)
• Experience with Statistical Techniques (Probability distributions, Confidence Intervals, Statistical Inference, Average, Median, Time Series, Pre and Post data analysis)
• Strong in SAS, SQL skills
• Experience with reporting tools, such as Tableau, PowerBI
• Advance-Excel, preferably VBA
• Strong Accounting and Finance knowledge
• Experience with Patterned and Trend Analysis
• Experience in Alteryx, Python/R
• SQL, Spark SQL, Oracle, Microsoft Azure Databricks
• Excel (pivots, VLOOKUP’s, basic formula), Power Point (charts, graphs)
“My career found purpose, autonomy, and mastery at Improving. Improving’s foundation of Trust has changed everything in my career and personal life. There’s a humble pride I have partnering with fellow Improvers. We are a team of professionals driven by a persistent habit of Excellence – consistently involved in helping others Improve with purpose.”
― Ronnie Cooke, Principle Agile Consultant