Role: Java Technical Lead
Location: Short commute from Irving, mid-cities, Grapevine, Coppell, Carrollton and surrounding areas
As a Java Technical Lead, you will need to show mastery of Java and large application software development. You'll need the confidence and the technical know-how to refactor code that doesn't "smell right." You’ll need the courage to improve the codebase. And you’ll need to instill these values in others.
- Able to make sound technical and architectural decisions for the betterment of the product and codebase.
- Must represent technical leadership in an exceptional manner and lead by example.
- Will act as an individual contributor on an agile team as well as teach and lead by example.
- 9+ years’ experience required in Java / JEE development
- Previous consulting experience
- Sample code, i.e., Github or similar
- Strong Spring experience, or other inversion of control frameworks
- Spring MVC, Spring Integration
- Java/JSP, XML, XSD, AJAX, JSON, jQuery, CSS, SOA, Web Services, WSDL, tcServer
- Proven Test-Driven Development (TDD) experience
- Listens well, open minded, and humble
- Excellent communicator with the ability to understand business value and communicate with non-technical stakeholders (product owners, business leaders) about technical decisions being made in support of business needs
- Willingness to apply oneself in other disciplines when needed
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented design techniques and principles needed in order to create and maintain a quality-first codebase, and the experience to back it up
- Ability to work closely with product owners to deliver high business value iteratively and incrementally with high quality