The Agile Coach will be responsible for coaching and mentoring with the overall goal of organizational transformation to agility and should be comfortable working at all levels of the organization. The Agile Coach is an expert in lean/agile practices and one or more knowledge domains (i.e. technical, business, organizational) while having developed some skill in facilitation, mentoring, training and/or professional coaching. The Agile Coach’s purview is multi-team and looking out toward the wider organization.
- Must have a solid background utilizing an agile framework (e.g. Scrum, Extreme Programming, Kanban, SAFe) in software development
- Strong presentation, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, including coaching and mentorship experience
- Experience with transitioning software teams to an agile framework
- Experience working with various levels of leadership
- Experience in creating agile training/workshop material
- Embrace servant leadership and display the behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with agile frameworks
- Coach teams and management towards improving agile process and metrics
- Evaluate and mentor multiple new and existing agile teams
- Work in a hands-on manner, consultant model, or coaching manner with the teams as needed.
- Deliver introduction training and continued learning classes/workshops for teams, stakeholders, and leadership.
- Facilitate organization-wide agile adoption strategy and rollout plans
- Mentor individuals through the agile transition
- Help identify organizational impediments and work with the leadership team to create effective strategies to overcome them
- Model good listening skills, asking questions and giving feedback
- Continually grow his/her craft learning and sharing new tools and techniques
- Facilitate conflict resolution, teaching and mentoring others in facilitating discussions and alternatives of different approaches
- Encourage transparency to the organization and grow trust
- Partner with other Agile Coaches and Scrum Masters across the organization