Why do people like working at Improving?
You’re good at what you do. You wouldn’t say it that way, and you wouldn’t say it out loud, but it’s true. You have a way with technology. Computers listen to you. You’ve written pragmatic code in several languages, and you’ve dreamed in one or two of them. It’s easy to love what you do.
It’s hard to resist getting sucked into a blog post or tech journal about almost anything. And not just about writing code, everything from process to tooling to cloud services to User Experience. Almost anything piques your interest – almost anything can inspire you.
And perhaps most of all, you love making things a bit better – your code, yes, and more than that – the lives of people who encounter your code. You want to make releases better and support better. You want architects and QA to be confident you’ve done the Right Thing™. And you want end users to find your code more useful.
It’s hard to get people to agree on “better;” it’s hard to get people to trust you’re doing “better” when they don’t understand what you do. We understand, and we are devoted to building that trust with everyone we encounter. Trust is the hardest part of what we do, and the part that matters most.
See what it’s like to build software built on relationships built on trust. Talk with us about how you make things better often. Build “better" with us. We are Improving – it’s what we do.
· You will use object-oriented development tools to analyze, model, design, construct and test production quality software. You will participate in all phases of the development process from inception through transition.
The following experience for this position will be desired:
· At least 5+ years of software development experience. 3+ years Java development experience.
· A solid foundation in software engineering with strong competencies in data structure, and algorithms.
· Working knowledge of developing and testing high availability large volume systems and design. Designs applications in a distributed multi-tier and service-oriented environment.
Develops software utilizing technologies which may include:
· Oracle and advanced level queries in SQL. Other skills such as UNIX, Shell scripting, Perl and Apache Ant. Experience using test-driven development techniques including JUnit
“The people I am surrounded by are simply the best, and I am proud to call them friends.”
― Lori Davis, Technical Recruiter