Improving is a complete IT services firm, offering training, consulting, recruiting and project services. Our innovative solutions and processes have helped hundreds of clients across the globe realize their tactical and strategic business objectives. As a result, our 300 employees have accumulated extensive technology and management experience in several industries, including financial services, energy, travel, retail, government and several others.
Our culture and guiding principles encourage both inspiration and motivation to achieve amazing things. We constantly strive to live out our values of Excellence, Dedication, and Involvement through our foundation of Trust. Our benefits include, profit sharing, 401k matching and generous PTO plan some of our perks include; local craft beer on tap, whiskey and wine tasting classes, full theatre bookings for company movie nights, family friendly game nights, corporate vacations to Las Vegas, Improving’s got talent, personal growth training, outings to amusement parks, community outreach programs, Monday night football and so much more.
Position Overview: Principal Java / Senior Java Developer
As an Improver, you will be a valued member of a web application team primarily tasked with working on modern single-page applications with Spring Boot and Angular. This Principal/Senior Java Developer role is on a scrum team delivering high impact projects and solutions for multiple verticals of the business. This person will need strong interpersonal communication skills to work with other technical and scientific stakeholders using data science and analytics to optimize complex business problems.
Value Proposition: Working with a team of experienced passionate developers on a project that is looking for technical excellence and thought leadership. These technologies are both established, as well as cutting edge. This community is open to driven individuals who desire to take on more than their job description. You can get involved with many other facets of the ecosystem such as data science, deployment pipeline, automated testing, reporting metrics.
Skills and Experience Required:
* Strong practical knowledge of object-oriented principles and practices
* Strong consulting skills
* Experience with Java web frameworks such as Spring Boot, JPA, and AMQP
* Modern front-end SPA development stack with NPM, ES6, Typescript, Angular 5+, and SASS
* Ability to work on a multi-disciplinary SCRUM team of developers, data scientists, and engineering subject matter experts
* Database and integration experience with SQL Server and other systems
* Knowledge of Version Control Systems such as Git
* Knowledge of test-driven development (TDD) practices and principles
* Problem-solving and debugging techniques
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively converse with both technical and non-technical clients
* Positive attitude, enthusiastic, and passionate about writing quality code
Nice to have, but not required:
* Understanding of NoSQL database systems such as Mongo
* Knowledge of the MapR ecosystem, including Apache Spark, Drill, Hive, and Hadoop.
* General knowledge of Data Science and Analytics workflows
* Knowledge of Python in a scientific and math context
* Willing to learn Kotlin, Groovy, Scala, and/or Python for specific tasks
Apply now to and help change the perception of the IT profession with Improving.
“My career found purpose, autonomy, and mastery at Improving. Improving’s foundation of Trust has changed everything in my career and personal life. There’s a humble pride I have partnering with fellow Improvers. We are a team of professionals driven by a persistent habit of Excellence – consistently involved in helping others Improve with purpose.”
― Ronnie Cooke, Principle Agile Consultant