This role requires approximately 25-50% travel.
The Agile Coach/Trainer must have strong coaching and training skills and is responsible for:
• Demonstrating superior knowledge, competency, and in-depth field experience in helping organizations adopt agile and Scrum across the enterprise.
• Delivering training and providing coaching support at executive levels of an organization going through significant change.
• Leading change agents and leaders in agile transformation and implementation.
• Facilitating discussions with key stakeholders across the enterprise and aligning on the vision/roadmap.
• Training Scrum Masters to emerge as servant leaders in supporting their areas.
• Training Product Managers and Product Owners to be accountable for the direction of their products.
• Leading Agile/Scrum trainings to effectively instill an agile mindset.
• Managing daily logistics of running training programs including classroom/lab set up and breakdown, coordination of training facilities and materials, communication with trainees, and post-workshop collection of evaluation/feedback.
• Embracing servant leadership and displaying the behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with agile transformations.
• Delivering classes/workshops for teams, stakeholders, and leadership.
• Facilitating organization-wide agile adoption strategy and rollout plans.
• Identifying organizational impediments and work with the leadership team to create effective strategies to overcome them.
• Facilitating conflict resolution, and mentoring others in how to facilitate conflict resolution..
Key Success Characteristics
• Deliver highly interactive, engaging and meaningful sessions while maintaining a high level of energy throughout the delivery.
• Model facilitation excellence and assist in training others to deliver our learning programs and workshops.
• Bring innovation, energy and passion around learning and development.
• Strong consultant and instructor presence with exceptional communication skills across all levels of the organization.
• Ability to collaboratively work across organization boundaries and to influence outcomes without direct organizational authority.
• Model good listening skills, asking questions and giving feedback.
• Continually grow his/her craft by learning and sharing new tools and techniques
• Strategic and creative thinking
Typically has 10+ years relevant experience. Less years required if has relevant Masters or Doctorate qualifications.
Critical Skills for Ideal Candidate
• 10+ years tech industry experience
• 5+ years’ experience as Agile Coach
• 3+ years’ experience as Agile trainer and in implementing Agile adoptions
• 3+ years of .NET or Java development experience a plus
• Leadership coaching and consulting experience in adopting Agile across enterprise
• 3+ years of Agile training experience with high feedback scores
PSM, PSPO, and/or CSM, CSPO preferred
PST or CST certification a plus