Location: Coppell, TX
Position: Full Time Salary +Bonus
Improving has partnered with a long-time client to assist in their search for a Lead Architect. They are a rapidly growing company committed to technology innovation and delivering high value services to its clients, they are constantly looking for high integrity, well-rounded professionals who thrive on challenges, are fascinated by technology, exhibit passion and pride, and don't mind rolling up their sleeves to get a job done. This is a hands on position reporting to the VP of Software.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
An experienced Architect to help envision and implement the next generation of scalable, cloud-centric SaaS software. The right person for this role will be someone who has architected and built platforms from the ground up and is excited by the opportunity to do so again.
WHAT THE JOB WILL BE LIKE
This role will be at the center of all development efforts, overseeing full stack architecture and design while ensuring application security, flexibility, scalability, and performance. Of particular note is the opportunity to drive a new platform build on the cloud. You will have responsibility for what technologies are utilized as well as overall architecture and will be a key hands-on development contributor. The Software team will be aggressively expanding in 2018. Your technical and leadership expertise will be required to successfully build a team of great developers building a modern cloud and mobile IoT data platform.
Additionally, you will work closely with multiple teams in the organization (Executive, Product Management, Sales, Customer Operations, Quality Assurance) and will be highly involved in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the use of information technology within the organization.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide the architectural vision to scale a platform that already consumes millions of messages a day
- Assist in the architecture and design, and drive the implementation of a new micro-services based IoT platform which exposes that data
- Be a hands-on contributor to critical projects to help ensure their timely delivery and that their architectural design follows agreed upon plans
- Identify risks and bottlenecks associated with current architecture and proposes risk mitigation strategies
- Define and maintain standards, procedures and policies related to Information Technology management
- Document and communicate key architectural components to the development team and all appropriate stakeholders (to the detail appropriate to the audience)
- Spearhead the introduction of new technical capabilities into their product architecture based on current or anticipated needs, and assist with education and advocacy regarding those technical capabilities
- Work with the VP of Software Development to develop and manage short and long-term engineering strategy and plans (and continue to refine it based upon the company business strategy and vision)
- Deliver technical requirements and estimates for proposed business solutions and work with Product Management and Quality Assurance to break them into Agile stories with supporting test cases
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and technical leadership for the Software team regarding current and future technical capabilities
- Conduct technical assessments for hiring related activities
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- BS/BA Degree in software engineering, computer science, mathematics or related field; Advanced Degree Preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in hands-on development and full stack software architecture
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in modern cloud solution architecture, design, and development – preferably in one or more of Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Exposure to UX/UI best practices and their application in the development cycle
- Experience in implementing and maintaining message bus architecture
- Experience with one or more modern web servers
- Familiarity with designing and implementing scalable web services utilizing one or more of SOAP, REST, and JSON
- Expertise designing and implementing solutions within a continuous integration environment
- Experience with modern test automation tools and writing associated test cases
- Experience with design and development of relational databases, PostgreSQL experience preferred
- Knowledge of hierarchical and NoSQL databases
- Deep, hands-on experience with Linux
- Experience with in-memory data stores, Redis preferred
- Deep familiarity with Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience working with co-located, multi-disciplinary teams
- Superb oral and written communication skills, with the ability to establish credibility and build trust and rapport with all levels of personnel, both inside and outside of the company.
DESIRED BACKGROUND (extremely beneficial but not required)
- Solid foundation in network and hardware management
- iOS and Android mobile development experience
- Experience with background processing applications, Sidekiq preferred
- Experience with Spring and Hibernate
- Exposure to Git and Jira
With all the success they have had to date, this company is quite frankly, a winning organization. And winning sure is fun. Their success and growth is a testament to the “work hard, play hard”, customer-centric, and results-focused culture they have built. Most importantly, the great people they have on their team are the key drivers of their success. Thus, they care about their employees in the same way they care about their customers and strive to provide a great environment where you can achieve personal, professional and financial well-being. As they continue their high growth, they will work with you to make your growth their priority.
- Competitive Salary
- Company-sponsored health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and AD&D insurance, 401(K) Plan, flexible spending account, and dependent care reimbursement account
- Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy
- The opportunity to work with other cool people who have a passion for excellence, innovation, and adventure.
Think this opportunity is a good fit for you?Apply Now
“My career found purpose, autonomy, and mastery at Improving. Improving’s foundation of Trust has changed everything in my career and personal life. There’s a humble pride I have partnering with fellow Improvers. We are a team of professionals driven by a persistent habit of Excellence – consistently involved in helping others Improve with purpose.”
― Ronnie Cooke, Principle Agile Consultant