Role: Enterprise Agile Coach - SAFe
As Improvers, we strive to improve our performance and that of the teams we work with, and we seek those who inspire others by what they do and how they do it. Our roles often involve mentoring, facilitating, consulting, teaching and coaching yet being humble enough to receive feedback openly. We value being generous with our time, knowledge, and experience to create sustainable change, for our clients and for our community.
As an Enterprise Agile Coach you will lead by example and serve as a mentor with the overall goal of organizational transformation to agility. Being comfortable working with all levels of the organization. As an Enterprise Agile Coach you bring expertise in lean/agile practices and one or more knowledge domains (i.e. technical, business, organizational).
Provide daily Agile Coaching and Mentorship to include:
- Coaching teams on effective execution of the client’s Agile methodology and its practices in a repeatable and consistent manner as specified by client, including project managers, technical leads, testing leads, business managers, project executive sponsors, developers, and other team members.
- Facilitating Agile training and workshops for project team members and project support organizations.
- Building, refining, and instructing client owned Lean-Agile courses including but not necessarily limited to:
- Agile Principles and Practices Training
- Scrum Master Training
- Agile Executive Sponsor Training
- Effective Story Writing
- Agile Estimation and Planning
- Agile Automated Testing Practices
- Help define and promote client’s Agile vision, methodology, practices and tooling.
- Assist in refining and articulating the client’s Lean Agile Software Lifecycle Vision necessary to guide training, mentoring, project coaching, and adoption.
- Identify and recommend new and improved processes and practices and assist with their adoption.
- Help prioritize the Agile backlog for process/tooling improvements and support the execution of those improvements.
- Develop innovative ideas to improve the delivery of software.
- Assist in the change management aspects to have client adopt the Agile concepts being trained and developed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or management discipline with five to ten (5 -10) years of experience using Agile techniques.
- Possess proven ability to communicate effectively with both Technical and Business personnel on varying organizational levels.
- Ability to review project scopes and goals and define techniques including iterative development methods to accomplish the project’s stated goals and objectives related to cost, schedule, and quality.
- Experience interacting with project Executive Sponsor, business and technical subject matter experts, and other key stakeholders for large scale cross-enterprise projects.
- Proven Agile Coach utilizing the SCRUM methodology at large organizations with complex system environments.
- Team facilitation knowledge and demonstrated skills.
- Familiar with Agile tools to support iterative tracking and development.